Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Knowledge is Power



I've been blogging long enough that other people are starting to ask me how to start a blog and what to write about. Starting a blog is easy, as easy as an email account and I highly recommend Blogger from Google. The steps are quick and easy and you'll be writing in no time at all.


The next question, what to write about. For me, that's never a problem. Sometimes finding the time can be a problem but not topics, I have lists of them.


I have no doubt that you are an expert on something. Are you rolling your eyes? Hear me out. There is something that you love, or you're good at and you can write about and those topics can lead to other topics. Maybe it's baking, cooking, grilling, gardening, writing, meeting new people, telling jokes, teaching others, writing resumes, parenting, kids and their behavior, sports, travel, entertaining, party planning, housework, household hints, or even making lemonade from lemons. Whatever it is, you can write about it and have fun with it.


What if you started blogging about planning trips then a travel agency read your blog and wanted to place an ad, now you're hobby is making money and you are enjoying what you're doing.


Think BIG, the knowledge you have is powerful and the blog world is a big one. Be yourself, unique and have fun. Just try it, you may like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment