Friday, November 19, 2010

Faith Like A Rock...or maybe a marshmellow

Isn't is easy to have faith when life is great, we are overwhelmed with blessing and good news? What about when things get tough? That's when it's easy to question God and say, "really, are you kidding me, are you sure you know what you're doing here"? I have a big problem with this myself and in all honesty my complaints should be few and far between, I am much more blessed than I deserve and try to remind myself of that regularly but when the going gets tough I usually wonder, where is God going with this? I know where doubt, worry and confusion come from and it's not God so I try to remind myself that God already knows His plans for me, he knows my past, where I am at this very moment and what my future holds. He can see the big picture for my life instead of the snapshot that I can see.

It's sort of like looking through a photo album and there is one bad picture of you. You're frowning, your hair is a wreck and you know you look terrible (this album must be at your parents house, certainly not in your album at your house!). Imagine if someone opened the album to that photo and only looked at that one, would that give them an accurate picture of your life? Of course not, it was one bad moment, unfortunately captured on film and, even worse, made it into an album but we do that with our life. We forget about the big picture and take one day, week or year and convince ourselves that our life is terrible, even though we know that it's just a snapshot of a much bigger and very beautiful picture. God loves each of us, more than we can possibly imagine and He doesn't want a life for us that is full of doubt or worry. He wants us to live the beautiful picture that He has created.

1 comment: