Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What are you entitled to?

Have you ever thought about what you deserve? Do you deserve the job, friends or family you have? Do you deserve food on your table, the car you drive, the house you live in? Some may say yes but I say no. I don't DESERVE any of those things and I'm certainly not entitled to them. I am BLESSED but not entitled and I think there is a big difference.

You can go into any store and see people frustrated about the check out line (usually not more then 3 people in front of them) and I can't help but think, have you ever been to a country where they wait for HOURS to get the basics? As a society what makes us feel so entitled to get things that we really don't deserve. I see people driving too close, too fast and I can't help but think, what makes you entitled to make someone else think they are in your way when you're both going the same way?

I'd never say that I don't get frustrated or have those moments when I feel more stressed than blessed but I try to remind myself that the opposite is true. I am blessed beyond measure and just because I was blessed enough to be born into a county like the US, doesn't make me entitled to things.

Since I was born on this earth, I am entitled to death. Nothing more. But as a Christian I believe that God wants our life to last much longer than what we have on this earth so he offers an eternal life through his forgiving grace. I am not entitled to eternal life and there is nothing I can do it deserve it, I just have to ask and seek Him in my life. Receiving that is a blessing like none other.

No comments:

Post a Comment