Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why Wait?

My 3yr old daughter has recently starting holding hugs and kisses and at any point in a day you can have this conversation with her....
"Can I have a hug?"
"No mommy, not right now."
"Why not?"
"'Cause"
"Because why?"
"Because mommy, I'm saving it for later and it will be better!"

Although I can't help but laugh (and so does she) I also know that the hug she gives me now won't get any better. I think God is the same way. He wants us right now, as we are. He doesn't want us to try and improve ourselves. He wants us to give the little bit of time or money or love that we have at this very moment. He will wait on us as long as we need but we don't need to wait on Him, he's ready with open arms because he knows that we have to offer right now will not be any better later.

No comments:

Post a Comment