Thursday, April 30, 2009

Favorite Side Dish- Mine takes less than 10 minutes!

Seems like every few months I reach a "rut" in my meal prep where I feel like I make the same things over and over again. I can mix up the the meat options a little, especially now that the weather is good for grilling but I need some new, quick sides. Do you have a favorite?

I'd have to say that my favorite QUICK side dish is to take a can of Campbell's condensed cream soup (Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom, etc.) add that to a pot, refill the can with water and add that, stir it up and bring it to a boil. Fill the can with rice and once the liquid boils, add the rice, put the lid on the pot and give it 5-6 minutes. It will still be a little "soupy" so it needs to sit for a couple minutes then add a little salt and pepper and it's done! A quick side in less than 10 minutes and I almost always have rice and some variety of that soup on hand.

Hopefully this comes in handy for you, do you have any side dish ideas you can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment