Tuesday, April 14, 2009

$mart and Involved Shopper


Are you an involved shopper? Let me explain what I mean by that question. I have always been the type shopper to call a product manufacturer if my package was supposed to have 5 items in the box and only had 4 and, without fail, they send me a coupon for a free item replacement and thank me for my call. I've not been rude, I just explain the case and see how they offer to help.
BUT a fellow new mom friend is much more involved than me. She bought two packages of diapers, got them hope, opened them, and noticed that one package was different. It was the same brand she's been buying, same packaging on the outside, but the closure and lining of the diapers in one pack were a little different. She sent them an email to ask if they were changing their product and her store and receipt information and in addition to a response saying they were testing some new ideas, she received $50 in coupons for free diapers! Again, she wasn't rude she just wanted to know if they were changing their product and being an involved shopper really paid off! I haven't had any luck that good but my experience so far has been that manufacturer's want to know what you think and if you love a product, tell them, it may really pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment