Friday, May 22, 2009

Pass the Salad Please

If you think salads are boring, maybe it's not the salad but what you choose to do with that lettuce in your bowl.

I've had a salad for lunch almost everyday for three weeks (plus a couple for dinner) and I'm still not tired of them. I change up the lettuce (spring mix, romaine, etc.) I switch out the proteins (hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, grilled chicken leftover from dinner, deli turkey or ham, shredded cheese, feta cheese) I change up my toppings (tomatoes, cheese, sunflower seeds, almonds, etc.) and until three weeks ago I was all about ranch dressing but Kraft now makes some great tasting light vinaigrette's, my favorite is the light Raspberry Vinaigrette.

With the summer weather upon us are you craving a BLT? Make it a BLT salad, you've already got the lettuce just cut up some tomatoes, crumble some turkey bacon, toss in some shredded cheese and there's a summer favorite, without the bread! Be creative with your salads and save those carbs for when you really need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment