Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jon and Kate - Did you watch the annoucement?

I really debated blogging on this since I've not been a follower of this show and I know there are lots of opinions swirling out there but IN MY OPINION instead of ending their marriage they should have ended the show or taken a break at least. I know the show is what makes up their living but these are 8 small, loving children that are being impacted by this situation.

I was blessed to have parents that always made their marriage work. I'm sure it was lots of work and there were tough times but they did it and stuck by each other until my dads passing less than 2 years ago. There were family vacations, regular trips out of town, fun projects, friends around and lots of good times. But anyone that is married or has been married knows that times get tough, that's a part of it. People change, goals change and I think there is a reason marriage vows cover better/worse, richer/poorer, sickness/health, (polar opposites). You have to be prepared for it all and even when you're not, you have to lean on each other, be there for each other. It's not a 50/50 situation. Sometimes it's 60/40, sometimes it's 30/70, a marriage is a partnership and it takes two to make it work all the time.

I heard both Jon and Kate talk about their kids being their whole life and I'm not sure I agree with that, even though it's easy to fall into that belief. I want my kids to be a part of my life, not the other way around, make sense? I'd never say that kids aren't a top priority, they are, but not THE TOP. I have my faith and my love for my husband. Those things create a foundation for the way I want to raise my child and the life and love I want them to see, feel and be a part of. One day, a long time from now, my child will grow up and move on and if I'm living my life for my child and my child moves away, where is my life?

I think any parent can find similarities in their life and the situation between Jon and Kate but "reality" TV or not, it was painful to watch and I can't imagine what that family is going through. My prayers really are with them and what their future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment