Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Learning to Let Go

My husband had a great idea and we went to a local park at lunchtime today. My daughter, who is nearly two, loves going down the slides, climbing the "rock walls" (with help) and just running around. However, she's already had a taste of the "big girl" swings and now the baby swings just won't do. When we put her in, she swung for a moment then begged OUT and wanted to sit in the regular ones.

When we first took her out, I captured this moment of her turning her back on the baby swings. I look at this now and it hits me that she's already letting go of things from her infancy and refusing to look back. She's a stubborn one with a mind of her own and I hope that as she continues to grow, learn and challenge herself to take on new things, I can be just as eager, willing and supportive. Isn't that what we should do as parents, know when to let go, when to hold on and when to stand close in case those little hands reach out for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment