Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sick at the Beach


What started as a tickle in my throat last Thursday morning turned into a fever, sore throat, coughing, aches and pains and after 4 tired days and 5 sleepless nights I am starting to feel better. Trust me that when standing in front of my pantry or fridge deciding on what to eat, thinking about carb levels were not the priority. Not that I went crazy, I chose tomato soup and chicken broth over the noodle soups and I had whole wheat crackers on hand too. Those sugar free Popsicles, jello and hard candies came in handy too. After a couple days I began to realize that after all this time I am starting to make better choices, without even thinking about it and it is getting easier. Grocery shopping is going a little faster, the options in my fridge and pantry are getting healthier and although the scale is still moving down slowly I realized that even when I felt my worst, I made good choices. I'm not just trying to do this, I am doing this and I feel better for it. Being sick at the beach isn't fun but I learned a lot about myself and felt a little better, despite the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment