Monday, August 24, 2009

Clifford Cake and Party!


One of the things that had me really busy in the past few weeks was my daughter's second birthday party. She LOVES Clifford the Big Red Dog and anyone who has a child that loves Clifford knows that finding Clifford party items isn't the easiest thing, even online. Stores that do carry it are often sold out.
I resorted to ebay and found some cute toys that I could use for decoration and she could play with later. Plus, we used lots of red items (bowls, plates, cups, etc.) to go along with the theme.
For her cake I made a doghouse cake using the Wilton Stand Up House mold (which I doubled to make it sturdier and serve more). The base of the cake is a brownie made in a cookie sheet pan, for the non-cake people! I also found some cute dog bowls at the Dollar Store which I put graham cracker "scooby snacks" in that looked like dog bones! She had a great time and loved seeing all the Clifford items.
I've got to say the most I spent was on food but it was a great party and since this was only my second cake like this (we did Elmo last year) I was really happy with the way it all turned out! Happy Birthday to my 2 yr old!

No comments:

Post a Comment