Monday, August 24, 2009

Disconnected!


It's been awhile since I've written so stay tuned for lots of new posts!
On top of my busy life I had the unfortunate experience of a broken cell phone about two weeks ago. Since life was filled with to-do lists I took the time to change my greeting with an alternate number where I could be reached and told callers I would check my voicemail periodically. The first several days were wonderful! I didn't have to worry about digging in my purse for a ringing phone, reaching around in the car in a panic or running through the house to get to it in time. For a moment I thought..wow...life before cell phones, how wonderful.
Then...I needed a phone number that was in my phone and the following day I was going to call from the car to check a stores hours and I realized, yeah, this is also life before cell phones, the convenience of having some information at your fingertips is also wonderful!
Yes, I had my phone fixed and I am back and connected but for the week I had to live without it, it was wonderful, relaxing and I understood why so many resist the urge to be so available all the time. If you haven't taken the time lately, disconnect yourself and just relax...and take a minute to write down numbers that you only store in your cell phone, you may be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment