Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Elmo Cake for a First Birthday!


Since I posted yesterday about my daughter's second birthday and her Clifford cake I thought I would post her Elmo cake from last year too. Obviously Elmo and Sesame Street are much easier to find than Clifford and between Walmart, Factory Card Outlet and several online stores I was able to find lots of Elmo items for her party.
For her cake I used the Wilton mini stand bear pan to make this 3D cake for her. I also made a sheet cake for the guests but this one was all for her and she really enjoyed tearing into it! I used reduced sugar cake and frosting (good for these shaped cakes since they have pudding in the mix) and the eyes and nose were made from fondant so I removed those before handing her the cake to destroy. Yes, she did get red but it didn't stain and came right off in the bath and made for great pictures!
I love planning parties and her birthday parties are fun without feeling overdone, if you plan parties for your kids or family leave a comment, I love hearing new items for parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment