Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Change of Seasons


I LOVE fall. It's certainly my favorite season. I love the colors, the cooler weather, the clothing change from a summer that was too long, the pumpkins and changing leaves, the kids getting ready for Halloween, the amazing sunsets and the ripe red apples. It's a short season that's low maintenance since most yard work is wrapping up and days are getting shorter, there isn't much concern yet about holiday shopping or preparing for brutally cold temperatures. Have I said that I LOVE this season?
Fall also reminds me that everything has a season. I know that throughout my life I've held on to things and people longer that I should have. I've convinced myself that I know better than God sometimes and the current view that I have sometimes gets in the way of His omnipresent view. Fall reminds me to step away, let go and let God. Like the leaves that slowly appear in the early spring, are green and shady in the summer then turn to colors of bright red and orange in the fall, God always has a plan, a beautiful and sometimes confusing plan but it's always greater than what we could ever imagine.
Sometimes God answers prayers with a yes, sometimes a no and sometimes His response is to wait. Wait for the season that he has in mind, his plan is always greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment