Friday, October 15, 2010

Left Behind

I've been reading the Left Behind book series and I've just finished Book 5 and am on a quest to find book #6 without paying $15+ from a bookstore. I already have books 7-10 but still need 6 to keep reading.

As I've been reading through this series (not easy since I LOVE to read but so does my 3yr old so I end up reading a chapter, then reading a book to her) its really opened my eyes and heart about the second coming of Christ. Whether its in my lifetime, that of my child, my grandchildren or future generations it will happen, that's a promise we have. When that day comes everyone who has asked Jesus into their heart, confessed their sins and become a child of His will immediately go to Heaven. I am not going to debate the topic and if you want to think about from a very personal perspective then I suggest you read Left Behind, the first book. It's the story of those who were left behind and the immediate pain and longing that some experience while others have denial, scientific explanations for millions who suddenly go missing with only a pile of clothing left behind. (I recommend reading the series but you could just read the first book and stop there.)

I have no doubt that if the Rapture were to happen in my lifetime that I would only be a pile of clothing but what about those I love around me? Would they be left behind to endure what comes following the Rapture? Would they understand what had happened? I have prayed regularly, while reading through this series, for those who will have to endure what comes after the Rapture. Faith is such a gift and I can wear a Christian t-shirt, say God Bless, walk into a Christian bookstore and purchase whatever I want and have no fear about who hears or sees me doing it. I am blessed with that freedom and I often take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment