Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Give Till It Hurts

There is a Christian radio station that I really enjoy, in the Louisville, KY area it's on 93.9 but it's called WAY-FM and it's a national station. You can also listen online. I'm not necessarily promoting this station (it's a GREAT station) but they are in the midst of their fall giving campaign and I've been struck by the giving of some people. There have been children giving their birthday money, single moms with little to spare giving all they can and families with tight budgets giving as well. The more I hear, the more I wonder, when was the last time I gave until it hurt?

I'm also reminded of a very dear friend who recently decided with her husband and young child that foreign missions was calling and they sold their house, their belongings, put a few items into storage and packed several suitcases to follow God's call to mission training. Yes, they are in Hawaii for their training but it's not suntans and site seeing. They are seeing God's work in those around them and feeling drawn into the mission field with faith like a child. They are willing and going and giving...until it hurts. I admire their strength and courage, dedication and devotion and I have no doubt that God will use them in an amazing way. I also wonder, when I have faith like that and give until it hurts, what can God do for me and with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment