Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mom's Don't Wear Black

I've noticed in the past year and a half that my favorite black shirts seem to creep further and further to the back of my closet so yesterday I decided that the weather was warm enough to wear one of my favorite short sleeve shirts, a black one. I put it on, wondered why I didn't wear it more last season, and went on with my day. By lunchtime, I realized why I didn't wear black much anymore. I could see yogurt, dirt, cheese, and some other crusty items that must have crossed my daughters hands that morning. Does being a mom mean giving up black clothing? I managed to get most of the foreign objects off with a damp rag but as the day went on I noticed that I was cleaning my shirt as much as hers, then, after a battle over a nap, I realized that boogers show on black.

No comments:

Post a Comment