Sunday, March 8, 2009

Up Too Early for DST

Good morning! Usually I'm up too early for work but this morning it's the dreaded Daylight Savings Time. I understand that it was developed by Ben Franklin for energy savings and to take advantage of daylight but what I know is the my toddler can't read a clock. She doesn't understand that even though her body still says one time the clocks say a new time.

At least this is the start of DST so we moved our clocks forward but tonight her little body will want another hour of playtime instead of getting into the bath and ready for bed and that will start the 2-3 days of adjustment period. I'm sure it will get easier as she gets older but in the meantime we'll head outside to play today and run a little more, stay out a little longer and take advantage of the nice weather so that she's ready for bed when the clocks say it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment