Sunday, March 22, 2009

Why Up Too Early?

So why Up Too Early? I'm sure the assumption is that I have a job, a toddler, a home so I have plenty of reasons to be up too early but the real reason that title came to mind is that I get up with my husband every morning before he goes to work. Although he works first shift just like I do, he often needs to get up at 4 am...or earlier... to make the drive to work (about 30 minutes) and be there before his crew arrives. I get up before he does to make his lunch, his breakfast and enjoy a little bit of time with him before he leaves the house. For years now I've had the friends and family that know I do this, ask why I do it but the bottom line is that it's important to me and it means a lot to him and I want to know he sees my face every morning before work. Sometimes it's the only quiet time we have alone together. I'm not suggesting that every married person do it and even though sometimes it feels Too Early I still do it. Other than the days I was in the hospital and recovering from my C-section childbirth, I have done it every morning we've been married and, God willing, always will. Basically, I do what works for my marriage and family.

There is a song by Alabama called It Works and listening to this song always reminded me of my parents. There is a line which says "we may not see it the way they see it, we may not do it the way they do but he lives his life for her and she lives her life for him and it works". Every couple out there figures out a way to make it work for them, my parents did it and their decades of marriage was a testimony to that fact. I just pray that I do what's needed to make it all work in my life.

2 comments:

  1. That is too early! You have a very lucky husband. I make lunch for mine the night before and he's on his own in the AM.
    Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! I love when you wrote, "..I want to know he sees my face every morning before work."

    I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment! I'm look forward to reading your blog updates! Come back soon and thanks for adding my button to your blog roll!

    ReplyDelete