Monday, March 23, 2009

Your Baby Can Read?

Hello again to everyone attending the Ultimate Blog Party 2009! I've meet lots of great people already and read more blogs in the past few days that ever before! One theme that seems to keep coming up in the blogs I read is reading, education, past and current teachers and moms who are home schooling.

Like I've mentioned my daughter is not yet 2 but we already spend time everyday reading and active learning. For nearly 10 years I worked with an organization that was all about teaching parents that they are their child's first teacher and I believe that to be true. But I have a family member, who I love and respect, that is very interested in the Your Baby Can Read info that I'm sure everyone has seen on TV. Although it's not cheap and I've read plenty of good reviews online, I'm curious if anyone out there has tried it to say if it's worth the investment. Thanks for your comments and for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I have not tried that program. I used a book called Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann (a leading researcher in the field) and taught my daughter to read when she was 3 years old. After about 2 weeks she was reading small words and by the end of the 3 months she was reading very well. I HIGHLY recommend it. I blogged about it here http://thetraintocrazy.typepad.com/the_train_to_crazy/2008/11/my-three-year-o.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Party hopping grandma here. I am participating too so stop in for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't tried the program. While it seems interesting, and I've heard good things, I'd rather spend the money to get a bunch of new books. I think little one's learn quickly even without a ton of structure. They just need to be around books and have people to read to them.

    ReplyDelete