Sunday, March 22, 2009

Product Opinions- Thumbs Up

Like I said in my first Product Opinions post, there area some products I loved and here is the first list with my comments, in no certain order.

Dark colored bibs. I ended up with lots of pink, yellow, even white bibs but once my daughter was eating baby food, those carrots and peas meant I was always scrubbing bibs so I picked up a 5 pack of dark bibs and they are still great for spaghetti nights!

The Miracle Blanket. We had lots of great blankets for swaddling and both my husband and I learned how to swaddle at the hospital but by the time she was a couple months old she was wiggling out. During a pediatrician trip a mom mentioned them to me and we immediately bought The Miracle Blanket online. The first night she slept longer than before and didn't wiggle out. We used it for MONTHS and she was sleeping through the night, safe and warm.

Diaper Champ. I was someone that didn't register for, or want, a diaper contraption but a friend at work gave me the Diaper Champ since she loved it and swore that I didn't need filters, special bags, etc. I was hesitant at first but have loved it since the beginning and the the odor is never a problem.

A glider. I started out with a normal rocking chair in her room but within the first month by back and legs ached so we watched for coupons and waited for a sale and got a great glider/foot stool combo from Babies R Us for less than $100. It made all the difference some nights, especially while nursing.

Cloth Diapers. I used these as burp cloths and loved them, they were easy to wash, didn't stain and once our kid days are over, I can use them as dust rags! I admire anyone that opts to use cloth diapers instead of disposable but that wasn't for me. BUT when she did get a couple bad diaper rashes I use the cloth diapers with large safety pins to give her bottom some "breathing time" without worrying about accidents all over the place.

Tabletoppers by Neat Solutions. These disposable table mats are great for young ones that eat off the table instead of out of a bowl. They have four sticky strips that peel off and stick to a restaurant table for a clean eating surface for your child and they have fun designs and colors on them to keep them entertained. I've found them at Target and Babies/Toys R Us and always carry a couple in my diaper bag. They are also Eco-Friendly! I have disposable bibs too, I don't use them as often but I do keep a couple in my diaper bag, just in case!

Those are the first products that come to mind but I'll post more soon, especially those crucial items like our car seat, stroller and other "gotta have" items. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment